Thursday, June 30, 2011

Two Unhappy Nightgowns

I'm really not pleased with these two nightgowns I made using Butterick BP436 (which is now being sold as B4647).  I made size 3 with no adjustments and Miss M (who wears size 4T in store-bought clothes) is drowning in it!



But mostly I just think these sleeves are the ugliest things I've ever seen!  I will definitely (and with Miss M's blessing) be cutting them down to short sleeves instead.  I used an old floral bedsheet and vintage eyelet trim, so at least it's soft and comfy!



The strawberry one is a bit hit with Miss M!  She'll probably be able to wear it for two or three years...minimum!  She can wear it now, but it trips her up if she gets "too wild" instead of just going to bed.



Today she was telling me a story and used air quotes...I should start calling her Miss Precocious!

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute face in the first picture! I've had that trouble (being too big) with Butterick, too. At least, with them being nightgowns, it really doesn't matter - and my girls seem to think it makes them a princess if the nightgown is too long. :)

    ReplyDelete