I couldn't decide which pieces I wanted to be stripes and which solid, so I enlisted Hubby's help. Turns out he had very strong opinions about which parts should be which, so it's a good thing I asked!
I sewed it with the triple stretch stitch on my sewing machine...no walking foot or anything, just the regular ol' foot and lots of patience.
This was the perfect opportunity to try out my new double needle (I finally remembered to buy one the last time I was at JoAnn!), but I only had a teeny tiny bit of green thread left...not enough for two needles! So I did all the hemming with a small zig zag instead.
In other sewing...
Yesterday I finished three diaper covers, two fleece and one from a felted sweater to go with my diaper stash. I used Katrina's Quick Sew Soaker Pattern. The preemie size seemed most appropriate for my newborn sized diapers, but I plan to make some of the newborn ones too, just in case.
Almost two weeks ago a friend of mine was here for a visit and mentioned that she wanted to applique a number 5 to a t-shirt for her daughter's fifth birthday. I decided to undertake the task myself, only I decided to do a whole dress instead.
My mom had given me this very girly fabric and it was perfect for this project! It was a big hit with the birthday girl!